“Activate” Your Cell Phone and/or Home Phone
To call or text an outage to PenLight, our system must be able to link your home/cell phone numbers with your account address.
Once you activate your phone and/or cell number(s), the system associates the phone number(s) with your address, which helps crews to respond faster. And the text option reports your outage without tying up the phone lines.
There are 2 ways to link your phone number(s) with your account:
- Call (877) 853-1388, then press 3 from the phone(s) you wish to link to your account
- Call Member Services at (253) 857-5950 and a representative will help you
After you register your cell phone, you can activate text messaging:
- Click on your text message icon
- Create a new message
- Enter “85700” in the “To” or “Recipient” box
- In the message box enter “penlight”
- Press Send
- If you need assistance to activate your text messaging, call (253) 857-5950