Comfort Ready Home is a partnership between utilities and Bonneville Power Administration that helps communities become more energy efficient, healthier and more comfortable through home weatherization, HVAC and water-heating upgrades.
If you’re a homeowner looking to make a smart investment in your home’s comfort and energy savings, Comfort Ready Home has tools and resources at comfortreadyhome.com/homeowners to help you find upgrades that match your budget, locate licensed and bonded contractors near you and receive incentives from PenLight.
Weatherization (insulation and windows), HVAC and water-heating upgrades will improve homeowner comfort and save on utility bills for years to come, without costing a fortune. Incentives for energy-efficient products and services and available federal tax credits can help offset the cost.
Learn more or find a contractor at: Comfort Ready Home or email Pen Light Energy Specialist our energy specialist.
Window Incentive Program Requirements
- Existing residence must be heated with electric heat
- Existing windows must be single-pane or double-pane aluminum/metal
- Size of window opening must be documented
- New window U-value must be a .30 or lower
- Must be installed by a licensed and bonded contractor
- Contractor proposal and invoice required
- Copies of NFRC stickers on new windows required
- Pre- and post-construction pictures required
Not eligible: New construction or major remodels