If the power lines in my area are being converted from overhead to underground, do I have to convert (underground) my overhead service to my house?

No. However, we are currently offering incentives to encourage our members. We will provide the necessary conduit and wire, and we will waive the trip fees if the service is converted within6 months of our system conversion in your area. Members are responsible for hiring an electrician, providing the trench and arranging any necessary permits and inspections. The Engineering Department can provide trenching specifications, as well as information on state permits and inspection requirements.