We are not strangers to storms here in the Pacific Northwest, especially those with high winds that can bring down limbs, trees and power lines.
Your safety is important to us. Here are a few safety tips to remember during the storm season:
- If you see a downed power line, always assume it is energized and dangerous.
- Downed power lines can energize the ground up to 35 feet away, so keep your distance.
- Never drive over a downed line — or through water that is touching the line. Water is a conductor for electricity. 0880070831081
- If you see a downed line, ensure you are a safe distance away, then report to local authorities and PenLight immediately at (877) 853-1388.
- Never try to move a downed line if you think it is, or it appears to be, unenergized, even if you are using a nonconductive item.