Is your power out? Check our Outage Viewer Map for current outage information.
Other ways to receive information from PenLight on current outages include receiving text messages and following us on Twitter or Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PenLightCo.
“Activate” your cell phone and/or home phone:
To call or text an outage to PenLight, our system must be able to link your home/cell phone numbers with your account address.
Once you activate your phone and/or cell number(s), the system associates the phone number(s) with your address, which helps crews to respond faster. And the text option reports your outage without tying up the phone lines.
There are two ways to link your phone number(s) with your account:
- Call 877-853-1388, then press 3 from the phone(s) you wish to link to your account.
- Call Member Services at 253-857-5950 and a representative will help you.
After you register your cell phone, you can ACTIVATE TEXT MESSAGING:
- Click on your text message icon.
- Create a new message.
- Enter “85700” in the “To” or “Recipient” box.
- In the message box enter “penlight”
- Press Send.
- If you need assistance to activate your text messaging, call 253-857-5950.
To report an outage:
- CALL 877-853-1388 from your registered phone, OR
- TEXT “85700” and type “out” in the message box to indicate your power is out, then press Send.
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Twitter has a feature named “Fast Follow” that makes it easy to follow anyone, even if you don’t have a Twitter account. To follow PenLight, use your cell phone to:
- Click on your text message icon and start a new message.
- Enter “40404” (this is Twitter’s cell number) in the “To” or “Recipient” box.
- In the message box type “follow penlightco”.
- Press Send.
- You’ll receive a confirmation text within a few seconds.
Note: Fast Follow users have a limit to how many updates they can receive daily. If you have hit your limit, you will receive the message “You’ve reached your daily limit for Tweet notifications.” If you would like to receive more updates, just reply with your full name and follow the instructions to create a full Twitter account.
To stop receiving updates, type in OFF or STOP or LEAVE. To remove your phone and fast follower list from Twitter, send STOP twice in succession to 40404 and you will no longer receive updates from PenLight.
To report an outage
Text OUT to 85700 (once activated)