Is your power out? Check our Outage Viewer Map for current outage information.
Other ways to receive information from PenLight on current outages include receiving text messages and following us on Twitter or Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PenLightCo.
“Activate” your cell phone and/or home phone:
To call or text an outage to PenLight, our system must be able to link your home/cell phone numbers with your account address.
Once you activate your phone and/or cell number(s), the system associates the phone number(s) with your address, which helps crews to respond faster. And the text option reports your outage without tying up the phone lines.
There are two ways to link your phone number(s) with your account:
- Call 877-853-1388, then press 3 from the phone(s) you wish to link to your account.
- Call Member Services at 253-857-5950 and a representative will help you.
After you register your cell phone, you can ACTIVATE TEXT MESSAGING:
- Click on your text message icon.
- Create a new message.
- Enter “85700” in the “To” or “Recipient” box.
- In the message box enter “penlight”
- Press Send.
- If you need assistance to activate your text messaging, call 253-857-5950.
To report an outage:
- CALL 877-853-1388 from your registered phone, OR
- TEXT “85700” and type “out” in the message box to indicate your power is out, then press Send.
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
If you have a Twitter account you can easily follow PenLight and stay up-to-date on all outage information. To follow PenLight on Twitter:
- Look up PenLight’s Twitter profile @ “penlightco”
- Click the Follow button
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
If you have a Facebook account, you can follow PenLight:
- Look up PenLight’s Facebook page “Peninsula Light Company”
- Click the ‘Like’ button
- Click the ‘Follow’ button
To report an outage
Text OUT to 85700 (once activated)