Storm season is here and with it comes the chance of power outages. While PenLight’s system reliability remains among the highest in the nation, falling trees and limbs during bad weather can cause an interruption in service.
If you haven’t done so already, update your account to include your mobile phone and opt in to our Outage Text Reporting program. With just a one- word message, we’ll know if your house goes dark.
Here’s how to enroll
- During regular business hours, call Member Services at 253-857-5950 to update your account.
- You can also update your account any time day or night online at our website.
- From the main menu, select “Account & Member Services” and then select “Update Account.” Have your account number handy. Your account will reflect your changes the next day.
- From your mobile phone, text “penlight” to 85700.
- You will get a response that asks you to confirm your service address.
- Follow the directions to confirm your address, and you will be enrolled for Outage Texting.
Once you’re enrolled
- Save 85700 in your cellphone contacts as “PenLight Outage Report System”.
- If your power goes out, text the word “out” to 85700.
- You will receive a response that asks you to confirm your service location.
- Once you respond, your outage will be reported, and you should receive a confirmation reply.
You can opt out of the Outage Texting program at any time by sending the word “stop” to 85700.