Keep the area surrounding your meter free of debris and vegetation. That way, we can test, maintain, repair and upgrade this vital equipment.
Here are some simple tips:
- Clear the area around your meter of debris, stored materials, and vehicles.
- Especially in the spring and summer, frequently trim any plants growing near your meter and the pathway to it.
A few reminders:
- Keep pets away from your meter area. For security purposes, please notify us if you have a dog.
- If you have a locked gate, please provide us with a key or code.
- Ensure your address is visible from the street. KPFD’s Vital Signs program offers low-cost, attractive address markers. Visit www.keypeninsulafire.org/vital-signs for more information.