Ever wonder what you would do in the event of a major storm or another disaster?
Well, here’s your chance to find out! On Saturday, September 30, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Gig Harbor High School, learn, prepare and protect yourself and your family at the annual PEP-C Emergency Preparedness Fair. Classes, information, samples, and hands-on demonstrations are available for adults and children of all ages.
The activities include:
- Local Ham Radio Groups – See a live demonstration of ham radios.
- Pacific Northwest Seismic Network – Learn about earthquake and volcano measuring and alerting systems.
- WASART (Washington State Animal Response Team) – Attend a class about disaster preparedness for pets.
- Women's Self-Defense Training – Watch a demonstration of how women can learn to protect themselves.
- Emergency Food Stores Vendors – Find out more about preserved foods.
- First Aid – Pierce County Department of Emergency Management teaches first aid basics.
Members of the Pierce County Neighborhood Emergency Teams will explain PC-NET's neighborhood-oriented approach to emergency preparedness and will show you how to organize your neighborhood to support each other following a disaster. PenLight is proud to support this annual awareness fair. We hope to see you at this year’s event. For more information, visit the coalition's website at www.pep-c.org/#EPFair.