Peninsula Light Company is committed to your family’s comfort and convenience. In addition to our traditional role of “keeping the lights on,” we offer 3-day emergency kits to enhance the quality of life for Peninsula residents during emergencies.
Note: For PenLight members only.
Our 3-day Emergency Kit contains a 72-hour supply of water, food, first aid essentials, and other emergency items in a durable nylon tote bag. This kit is ideal for cars, boats, RVs and home. It also makes a great gift. The kits can be purchased in the lobby of our headquarters building in Purdy, which is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The Emergency Kit contains the following:
- 12 Emergency Drinking Waters
- 2,400 Calorie Food Packet
- Emergency Survival Blanket
- Large roll of toilet paper
- Emergency Poncho
- Assorted First Aid kit
- Squeeze LED flashlight
- Packed in September 2016
Have you checked the dates on your emergency supplies? Why purchase a whole new kit . . . just replace your outdated supplies and stay prepared. This kit is not available directly from Peninsula Light Company. The link below is provided for your convenience.
Purchase a refill kit online from the Emergency Preparedness Service. The refill kit contains:
- Twelve packets of emergency drinking water
- One 2,400 calorie, USCG-approved emergency ration package
- Two light sticks, 12-hour, no spark, foil-wrapped
- 2 Grabber, full-size warm packs, 12 hours each
- Cleansing wipes, antibiotic ointment foil pack
- N-95 face mask