Take control of your energy use and save
$100 Incentive for Smart Thermostats – EXTENDED! to December 31, 2018
Saving money on your heating bill just got a lot smarter. Now you can manage your home’s energy by purchasing a new Smart Thermostat – available at retail stores, including online retailers – and receive a $100 rebate on select models from PenLight!
PenLight is now offering incentives for the purchase and installation of Smart Thermostats for homes with electric forced-air furnaces, air source heat pumps, and ground source heat pumps as their primary system. These incentives are available for existing and new construction single-family, manufactured, and multifamily homes. Smart Thermostats may be installed by homeowners or HVAC contractors.
Your thermostat controls half your energy bill – more than appliances, more than electronics. So shouldn’t it help you save energy? Independent studies have proven that Smart Thermostats saved an average of 10–12% on heating bills and 15% on cooling bills.That means that in two years, it can pay for itself.
A WiFi-enabled – or “smart” – thermostat works with your existing home heating system and allows you to you keep tabs on the temp from anywhere through a simple online interface or mobile app. A Smart Thermostat is a great way to reduce energy use, lower your bill, and maintain optimum home comfort.
Eligible models that can be purchased and self-installed or installed by a contractor:
- ecobee 3 (NOT Lite) and ecobee 4
- Nest 3rd Generation and Nest E
- Carrier Cor-TP-WEM01-A
To be eligible Penlight’s Smart Thermostat rebate:
- Must be a current PenLight single-family residential customer with electric heat.
- Purchase, install, and connect a new qualifying Smart Thermostat between April 1, 2017 and December 31, 2018.
- The qualified Smart Thermostat must be registered as connected with the manufacturer.
- Must have a one-thermostat centralized home heating system using a heat pump, forced-air furnace or boiler.
After you’ve purchased your qualifying Smart Thermostat, you can apply for Penlight’s rebate by completing a rebate application. You will need all of the following:
- A completed Smart Thermostat Information Form.
- Your Penlight account number.
- A copy of your receipt that clearly indicates manufacturer/brand and model number
Email the completed documentation to EnergySpecialist@Penlight.org.
If you do not have a digital copy of your receipt, you may print our online Smart Thermostat Information Form and mail it with a hard copy of your invoice/receipt.
Upon verification of submitted documentation, your Penlight rebate will be issued within 6-8 weeks.