Smart Thermostat Incentive – $150
The smart thermostat incentive amount will decrease to $140 effective April 1, 2023
Now you can manage your home’s energy use by purchasing a new Smart Thermostat – available at retail stores, including online retailers – and receive a $150 incentive on select models from PenLight!
Smart Thermostats provide an affordable and easy way for homeowners to control the use of their heating and cooling system and lower the costs of their electric bills using features such as:
Occupancy sensors that can tell if a person has been away to conserve energy, when they are not at home
- Learning algorithms that avoid the need to program a set schedule
- Ability for homeowners to control the heating and cooling system remotely through their wireless apps on their phones or tablets (especially valuable for homeowners with second homes)
- Feedback notifications on the energy-saving potential of your thermostat set point and other efficient settings
- Ability to monitor previous electric usage data, and having smarter control of your heating and cooling system when it’s not needed at full capacity
A Wi-Fi-enabled or “learning” – thermostat works with your existing home heating system and allows you to you keep tabs on the temp from anywhere through a simple online interface or mobile app. A Smart Thermostat is a great way to reduce energy use, lower your bill, and maintain optimum home comfort.
Qualifying Smart Thermostats:
- Ecobee 3
- Ecobee 4
- Ecobee 5/Smart Thermostat with Voice Control
- Ecobee Smart Thermostat Enhanced
- Ecobee Smart Thermostat Premium
- Nest Learning Thermostat/3rd Generation
- Nest Thermostat
- Nest E
- Carrier Cor-TP-WEM01-A
- Bryant T6-WEM01-A
- Lennox iComfort M30 Smart Thermostat
Please note: ecobee Lite model #EB-STATE3LTVP2 does not qualify
To be eligible for PenLight’s Smart Thermostat incentive:
- Installed by homeowner or HVAC contractor
- Installed in an existing single-family or manufactured home
- Must have a one-thermostat centralized home heating system using an electric forced-air furnace or air source heat pump.
- Purchase, install, and connect a new Smart Thermostat qualified product.
- Register the thermostat as connected with the manufacturer
After you’ve purchased and installed your qualifying Smart Thermostat, you can apply for the incentive by submitting the completed Smart Thermostat Project Information Form and a copy of your receipt that clearly indicates the manufacturer/brand, model number, and purchase date.
Email the completed documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.