For our Members, it pays to be Comfortable Comfort Ready Home is a partnership between utilities and Bonneville Power Administration (BPA) that helps communities become more energy efficient, healthier and more comfortable through home weatherization, HVAC and water-heating upgrades. If you’re a homeowner looking to make a smart investment in your home’s comfort and energy savings, Comfort Ready Home has tools and resources to help you find upgrades that match your budget, locate licensed and bonded contractors near you and receive incentives from PenLight.
Weatherization (insulation and windows), HVAC and water-heating upgrades will improve homeowner comfort and save on utility bills for years to come, without costing a fortune. Incentives for energy-efficient products and services and available federal tax credits can help offset the cost.
Insulation Incentive Program Requirements:
- Existing residence must be heated with electric heat
- Existing insulation R-values must be documented
- Post insulation R-values must be documented
- Square footage of project area must be documented
- Must be installed by a licensed and bonded contractor
- Contractor proposal and invoice required
Insulation incentives vary – starting at $0.15 up to $0.90 per square foot for qualifying installations
Not eligible: new construction or major remodels
Submit your project documentation to energy specialist.