Air Source Heat Pump Incentive Programs
In the Pacific Northwest it is safe to assume that 8 months out of the year the largest contributor to your energy bill comes from heating your home. High efficiency air source heat pumps can lower your bill and provide energy-efficient air conditioning throughout the year.
Heat Pump Incentives –
Installations on or after October 1, 2023, must meet all program requirements listed below:
- HSPF2 7.5 or greater
- SEER2 14.3 or greater
- AHRI Certificate of Product Rating
- Contractor Invoice showing installed make and models numbers.
Variable-Speed Air Source Heat Pump Upgrade – $200
Must be replacing an existing heat pump (working or non-working), natural gas furnace, oil furnace, zonal electric baseboard heaters, or zonal electric wall heaters with a qualifying variable-speed air source heat pump. Must provide manufacturer documentation that the outdoor compressor includes variable-speed or inverter driven technology.
Air Source Heat Pump Conversion – $1,000
Must be replacing an existing electric forced-air furnace with a qualifying air source heat pump.
Variable-Speed Air Source Heat Pump Conversion – $1,200
Must be replacing an existing electric forced-air furnace with a qualifying variable-speed air source heat pump. Must provide manufacturer documentation that the outdoor compressor includes variable-speed or inverter driven technology.
Can I choose my own HVAC Contractor?
All projects submitted to PenLight must meet the Bonneville Power Administration (BPA) program requirements to be eligible for incentives. Be sure to check with the contractor during the proposal process and before the installation to ensure all PenLight incentive program requirements will be met. To find a qualified HVAC contractor check the list below for the contractors most commonly used by PenLight members. Other licensed and bonded contractors may be qualified. Meet with contractors to consider your heating and cooling options and review multiple estimates.
Heat Pump Contractor List
- Gig Harbor Heating, 253-853-7008
- Brennan Heating, 206-248-7900
- Kohler Heating, 253-858-8922
- Mercurio’s Heating & AC, 253-566-8974
- Narrows Heating & AC, 253-627-7543
- Kliemann Bros., 253-537-0655
- Dana’s Heating, 360-876-7670
- All Seasons, 253-203-6200
- Home Comfort Alliance, 833-257-344
- Ranger Heating, 253-266-5700
- Best Choice Heating, 253-255-1705
- Air Flo Heating, 253-525-4053
- Puyallup Heating & AC, 253-845-0581
- Resicon, 253-625-7952
- Bradley Air Company, 360-426-1284
- Serenity Air Heating and Air Conditioning, 253-255-5682
- World Class Services, 253-343-0000
For more information call 253-857-5950 or email: energy specialist.
For our members, it pays to be Comfortable Comfort Ready Home is a partnership between utilities and Bonneville Power Administration (BPA) that helps communities become more energy efficient, healthier and more comfortable through home weatherization, HVAC and water-heating upgrades. If you’re a homeowner looking to make a smart investment in your home’s comfort and energy savings, Comfort Ready Home has tools and resources to help you find upgrades that match your budget, locate licensed and bonded contractors near you and receive incentives from PenLight.