Locally owned businesses are the backbone of the community. With summer in full swing, now is the perfect time to make sure your building is equipped for maximum energy savings.
- LED lighting for your business allows you to maintain your preferred brightness levels while keeping energy costs low. Don’t forget about your outdoor lighting options and timers for automatic, overnight shutoff.
- Check refrigeration equipment to ensure it is running optimally and keeping items cool without setting the thermostat lower than necessary. Keep up with regular maintenance to ensure safe and longer-lasting inventory.
- Electric motor-driven systems account for about 25% of all commercial energy use. For larger operations, variable-speed drives may be necessary to optimize your energy consumption.
- Unplug unnecessary or unused appliances and electronic equipment. Many of these devices continue to draw power even when they are turned off. Advanced power strips are a smart, low-cost upgrade.
- Make sure your HVAC system is sized correctly for your business space. If it is not, this could lead to inefficient operation or insufficient cooling.
Peninsula Light Co.’s energy advisers can help you evaluate your existing system.
These tips can help you lower your energy use while keeping your operations humming.
PenLight knows your bottom line is important when making business operation decisions. If these or other energy-saving adjustments require purchases, be sure to email our energy specialist to learn more about ways to save.