In order to provide the best service, PenLight established additional steps to reach members that accrued unpaid balances due to financial hardship related to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Expanded and extended our payment assistance program, Project Help
- Sent detailed monthly billing statements
- Sent past due notices a week after the due date
- Organized automated phone calls after the past due notices expired
- Made personal calls to members to offer assistance and/or set-up payment options
- Delivered door tags every 3 months advising past due and offered Project Help/assistance agencies
- Sent personalized COVID letters every month advising of past due and offered Project Help/assistance agencies
- Delivered Pierce County flyers advising of Arrearages Program offering up to $2,500.00 in utility assistance
- Included information via social media, penlight.org, Lights newsletter and bill inserts
We continue to be available to help. Please call 253-857-5950 to learn about your options.
Peninsula Light Company has resumed to normal operations, including disconnects due to non-payment as of October 2021 and normal late fee collection activity as of April 2022.
PenLight’s COVID Responses/Notices to members, to date: